Study Cycle: 2
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): asist. Breznikar Nina, izr. prof. dr. Štefanc Damijan
I. INTRODUCTION TO DIDACTICS, FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
1. research into didactics, definition of didactics as an academic discipline;
2. the relation between general didactics and subject didactics, didactics and methodology;
3. education: definition of the concept, relation between propositional and dispositional knowledge, between education and upbringing, and between general and vocational/professional education;
4. problems concerning the relation between teaching and learning;
5. the teaching process: definition of instruction, functions and aspects of instruction.
II. STRUCTURAL FACTORS OF INSTRUCTION
6. teacher: teacher’s role, field of activity, demands for qualifications;
7. student’s active role in instruction;
8. communication and interaction in instruction (between teacher and students, among students themselves);
9. educational content (foundations of educational content; elements, functions and significance of didactic transformation and reduction); educational goals and objectives (aims, goals, objectives; critique of forming objectives).
III. PLANNING, ARTICULATION AND EVALUATION OF INSTRUCTION
10. didactic phases of the teaching process;
11. social forms and teaching methods, teaching materials, teaching strategies;
12. strategies of curriculum planning: curriculum as content, curriculum as product, and curriculum as process;
13. curriculum planning in teaching practice: planning the course, institutional curriculum planning, lesson plans;
14. definition of didactic principles, their fundamental characteristics and dilemmas;
15. Definition of curriculum evaluation; characteristics and functions, models and forms of evaluation.