Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Gregorčič Mrvar Petra, doc. dr. Šarić Marjeta
1. Counselling work and school
- Characteristics of school counselling; principles of school counselling, position of school counsellors.
- Characteristics: School counselling and personal counselling.
- Organizational and operative solutions of counselling support.
2. Counselling theories
- Characteristics of some counselling theories: psychodynamic, behaviour, Rogers' person-centered, gestalt, transactional, reality.
- Analysis of the Rogers' person-centered counselling theory.
- In-depth analysis of the position of counsellor and counselee according to humanist counselling theories.
- Analysis of the counselling conversation (directive and non-directive approach).
3. Counselling work with pupils
- Developmental counselling (goals and tasks), particularities of developmental counselling in the pre-school and school period, in kindergarten, elementary and secondary school.
- Principles and conditions of school pedagogue's (school counsellor's) counselling work with pupils. Preventive and curative counselling; individual and group counselling work with pupils.
- Individual and group counselling to pupils; counselling work with class communities, integration/inclusion of pupils with special needs and those who are culturally, socially, linguistically different. Study of the individual student's work, groups or entire population.
4. Counselling and consultation with teachers
- Objective and subjective conditions of successful counselling (consultation) work with teachers.
- The role of pedagogue (school counsellor) in introducing inovations in the classroom work.
5. Counselling and consultancy work with headmaster
- Principles of professionally correct cooperation between pedagogue (school counsellor) and headmaster in conceiving and guiding educational arrangement of school work.
5. Counselling and consultation with parents
- Forms of school's or teachers' cooperation with home or parents.
- Cooperation with parents of at-risk children groups.
- Parents' motivation for cooperation; forms of individual and group cooperation (class meetings, children at risk parent groups) and counselling work.
6. Technique of planning and evaluation of pedagogue (school counsellor) work
- Longterm and annual planning of pedagogue (schoool counsellor) work
7. Ethical principles of counselling work