Selected Methods of Educational Research
ECTS točke: 9
Lecturer: doc. dr. Podgornik Vesna, izr. prof. dr. Mažgon Jasna
Upgrading knowledge in the field of empirical quantitative research.
Types of educational research.
Basic characteristics of qualitative methodology. The comparison of quantitative and qualitative methodology from the ontological and epistemological point of view.
Types of qualitative research:
- case study,
- action research,
- biographical research,
- methodology of subject based theory.
The main phases of the qualitative research course:
- defining research problem,
- theoretical frame explanation,
- the selection of research units,
- collecting empirical material,
- editing research material,
- qualitative analysis and interpretation,
- writing the report on the research.
The possibilities of combining the use of quantitative and qualitative methodology in research work.