+386 1 2411 154
Asst. Prof. Žan Lep
Žan Lep is an assistant professor in social psychology, research associate, and holds a PhD in developmental psychological studies. He completed his doctoral studies as a young researcher at the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Arts, University in Ljubljana (research programme Applied developmental psychology), where he also finished his master’s studies in psychology. Currently, he is affiliated with the Centre for Applied Epistemology, Educational Research Institute, and the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana.
In his research, he focuses on motivational and cognitive underpinnings of behaviour and decision-making related to civic participation, politics, money, and health. He is collaborating in various international research projects with researchers from different disciplines (e.g., psychology, economy, sociology), mostly from universities in Belgrade, Milan, Vilnius, Coimbra, Warwick, New York (Columbia University), San Paul, Minnesota, Osijek, and Split.
He is a member of the Society for Study of emerging Adulthood and Slovenian Psychologists' Association, and alumni of the Junior Researcher Programme, where he also led his own research project. He (co-)edited two scientific monographs and is active in the editorial board of European Journal of Psychology Open. Regularly, he publishes in national and international scientific journals and edited volumes, works in organisational and programme committees of scientific conferences, and contributes as a reviewer for several journals and awards.
- Lep, Ž. & Kirbiš, A. (2021). Political orientation in youth beyond the left-right divide: Testing a three-factor model of political orientation and its relatedness to personal values. Journal of Youth Studies. https://doi.org/10.1080/13676261.2021.1939285
- Lep, Ž., Ilić, S., Teovanović, P., Hacin Beyazoglu, K., & Damnjanović, K. (2021). One hundred and sixty-one days in the life of the Homopandemicus in Serbia: The contribution of information credibility and alertness in predicting engagement in protective behaviors. Frontiers in Psychology, 12, article 631791. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.631791
- Lep, Ž. (2021). Money transfers within caring dyads: Some open research questions. International Journal of Care and Caring, 5(2), 365–370. https://doi.org/10.1332/239788221X16146790795535
- Lep, Ž. & Hacin Beyazoglu, K. (Eds.) (2020). Psihologija pandemije: posamezniki in družba v času koronske krize [Psychology of a pandemic: Individuals and the society in times of corona crisis]. Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani. https://doi.org/10.4312/9789610603979
- Lep, Ž., Babnik, K., & Hacin Beyazoglu, K. (2020). Emotional responses and self-protective behavior within days of the COVID-19 outbreak: The promoting role of information credibility. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, Article 1846. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.01846
- Lep, Ž., Puklek Levpušček, M., Zupančič, M., & Poredoš, M. (2019). Exploring the Multidimensionality of Active Citizenship: A Preliminary Study. Proceedings of the XXV Empirical Studies in Psychology. Beograd: Filozofski fakultet, Univerzitet u Beogradu.
- Damnjanović, K., Graber, J., Ilić, S., Lam, W. Y., Lep, Ž., Morales, S., Pulkkinen, T., & Vingerhoets, L. (2018). Parental decision-making on childhood vaccination. Frontiers in Psychology, 9, Article 735. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00735
Complete bibliography: SICRIS